REVISED CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – CHILDREN’S POETRY ANTHOLOGY ON SPORTS
Submission Deadline: March 31st, 2012
On your marks, get set, write!
An independently published e-book anthology of children’s poetry dedicated to the wide world of sports is in the works.
ADULTS who write children’s poetry, including those who are emerging poets, are invited to submit their work.
We’re looking for original, unpublished poems, written in English, aimed at 5- to 12-year-olds that deal with various aspects of athletics:
- Olympics and other major international sports events (i.e., FIFA World Cup)
- winter/summer, individual/team sports
- winning and losing
- amateur/professional athletes
- sports fans and those behind the scenes (coaches, refs, etc.)
- equipment/uniforms and places where sports are played
- sports history and other miscellanea (halls of fame, records, trivia, etc.)
*We are interested in receiving poems written in a variety of forms including but not limited to the following: couplet, triplet, limerick, haiku, tanka, cinquain, diamante, mask poem, apostrophe poem, list poem, etheree, palindrome, etc.
Poets whose work is selected for the collection will receive a small honorarium.
We will contact you shortly after the deadline if we plan to include your poem in the anthology.
A portion of the anthology’s proceeds will be donated to Right to Play, an organization working with volunteers and partners to use sport and play to enhance child development in areas of disadvantage.
Please email poems to Carol-Ann Hoyte at kidlitfan1972 at yahoo dot ca.