If you’re in NYC or will be for the upcoming Book Expo, why not attend the Book Blogger Convention? I’ll be on the day’s last panel: “Blogging with Social Responsibility.” Here’s the complete agenda:
The agenda is still being fine tuned, but this will give you an idea of what we’re planning. Registration will begin at 7:30am, and the convention itself will start at 9:00am.
Maureen Johnson [Blog]
Professionalism and Ethics in Blogging
Ron Hogan [Houghton Mifflin Harcourt]
- How to communicate with publishing companies, publicists, etc.
- Professionalism and ethics in blogging
- How to increase your blog stats
- Getting your name out there
Writing and Building Content
- Tips and tricks on writing good book reviews
- Tone – humor, sarcasm
- I’m out of ideas what do I do now?/How do I keep it fresh?
- Planning a good feature/series
- What content is most popular? How do I innovate/differentiate?
- How do I balance reviews with other content?
Impact of the Relationship Between Author and Blogger
- Creating/Fostering a relationship
- Pitfalls of relationships between blogger/author
Blogging With Social Responsibility